Monday, June 16, 2008

Score a perfect score in class without taking notes

I have to admit. I'm a major blog reader. This article caught my eye this morning. From study hack comes an interesting article of how one student got his 4.0 without taking notes.

In short, his method was to pay full attention to the lecture as it goes on, only writing the big concepts. He recorded the lectures and listened to it carefully again 2-3 times. After that, he would just listen to it, over and over again, going along with his regular activities.

I don't think this will work with medical students without taking the lecture packets into account. I think it does help in terms of the massive amount of memorization we have to do. It's another form of reiteration.

I've listened to lectures over before but the quality can be difficult sometimes. Unless you have one of those recordings that's perfectly clear, I think this method would be difficult to implement. It would also be hard for those who learn better visually and those whose focus are on the image (ex: identifying parts).

This is not a reliable way of learning because it's dependent on each individual's learning style. If you're an audio learner (those who tend to recall sounds), then this may be the method for you.

Still in sunny sunny Puerto Rico. Enjoy the original article here.

No comments: